School of Samaya is a non profit company specializing in training and skills development within the field of mental health and well being. Our programs focus on self mastery through Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness Awareness. We have a specific framework of knowledge that underpins all the programs giving context to the learning materials for easy understanding and comprehension.
School of Samaya is a foundation driven by passionate volunteers serving the Greater Good. We are all about developing people on all 4 levels of their being : Physical (PQ), Mental (IQ), Emotional (EQ) and Spiritual (SQ). Through this we assist people in reaching their objectives through their own realizations of their inner strength and powers. Organizations benefit from our programs as it brings natural integration and mindful awareness to the work place and individual.
We have the right service and quality programs for you within the emotional intelligence and wellness categories of learning. Our Distant Learning and eLearning platform is a perfect platform for individuals, professionals and schools to use our services for effective time management for yourself as well as offering training programs to your staff at their leisure. We can customize eLearning programs to ensure your objectives are met for the school or university.
School of Samaya is International so we are able to hop on a plane to you to facilitate our programs at your school or university.
Get to know more about School of Samaya and the services we offer.
What is Meditation?
The Art of Meditation is to still the mind to a relaxed state of expanded awareness which allows one to connect to the present moment and all that is within that moment. Our mind is never here, right now, in the present moment. Through meditation techniques we start influencing the minds vacillation of past and future thoughts towards the here and now. For children especially this is important as meditation moves from concentrated focus to relaxed awareness making classroom understanding effortless.
What is Mindfulness?
The Art of Mindfulness is to be consciously aware of your thoughts, feelings and responses in a situation as well as the thoughts, feelings and responses of the other person in that situation. Mindfulness expands your awareness to be all inclusive without judgement and to be aware of your actions and its impact on yourself, the environment and others. The key to mindfulness is to be present in the moment. The door to the present moment is relaxed awareness.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
The Art of Emotional Intelligence is to be aware of and in control of your emotions and to express these emotions in a mindful way. Emotional Intelligence focuses on expanding ones empathy towards oneself and others. The key to emotional intelligence is to be fully present in the moment of the emotional experience.
As you can see three different terminologies which seem to be directing at the same or similar result. Each aspect however focuses on a specific level of our being which is discussed in further detail on our programs.
About Meditation in the Classroom
School of Samaya’s offering of Meditation in the Classroom integrates Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness Awareness through Meditation Techniques to bring you a holistic approach to transformation and change. Our focus is to spread this knowledge and empower students, learners and educators with the right tools to manage their emotional vacillations and to bring peace and harmony within ones self.
Change comes from within! When you do a motivational course or program you are on a high for a few days or weeks and after that you go back into your morbid routine because change was only on the surface. With our programs the objective is to shift change from within your self through self realizations and self reflections. Only then is transformation possible.
If you can come into the present moment by choice, will you do it? If you can stop your thoughts from pulling you into worrying about the past and hoping for a better future, will you want to? The root cause of our misery is this vacillation of our mind from past to future.
Imagine if, while you were teaching or lecturing, every student and learner was fully present and engaged in that moment. Imagine if when you were teaching that you were completely and fully present, physically, mentally and emotionally. You weren’t thinking about what they have for lunch at the cafeteria or how your own children are doing at school or when will this class be over. You will be fully engaged to respond effectively to what is happening in that moment in that classroom and you will be aware of what each student is feeling.
You as the Educator will be able to connect to each student to understand them better and in turn each student by practicing mindfulness processes will be able to reduce their stress levels, anxiety issues and be fully present and engaged in the lesson.
At School of Samaya we are guided by the teachings of TLB Kruger, International Author and Spiritual Science Coach of over 30 years now who has mastered the craft of meditation in his daily life and daily activities. And Karen Kruger who has been working with kids, tweens, teens and young adults for over 15 years now and has put together training programs to guide the educators, parents and to help the students and learners. Karen is a Mindfulness Life Coach | Outcomes Based Facilitator | Curriculum & Program Designer | Childrens Mindfulness Author | Montessori Educationalist | Reiki Master | Alternative Healer & Entrepreneur.
Our programs introduce you to the basic fundamentals of meditation and take you deeper in understanding how to apply spacial and dynamic meditation techniques in your classroom and at home. Hence we focus on creating school* life balance through understanding and awareness.
We offer various solutions to introduce mindfulness to the classroom:
Seminars & Conferences on Mindfulness in the Classroom
Teacher Training eLearning Programs
Teacher Training Onsite Programs
Onsite Workshops for Schools
Educator Wellness Programs
Browse our website for more information on our offering and contact us to customize a program to suit your needs
School of Samaya NPC : 2016/228074/08
SACE Accreditation & Registration : PR13205
Trust Registration : 2929/11
Seta Accreditation & Registration : 12518
Tax Registration: 9359555183
BEE Level: Level 2
SACE Learning Unit Standard
Mindfulness in the Classroom | 6 Module Program
PR13205 | CPTD Points: 15 per Module
SETA Accreditation :
Unit Standard: 252031
Title: Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others
NQF: Level 5 | Credits: 4 | SAQA I.D. 59201 LP 60269
SABPP Accreditation :
Unit Standard: 252035
Title: Select and Coach first line managers
NQF: Level 5 Credits: 8
Enquire more about our workplace courses www.meditationintheworkplace.org
International Practice for Holistic Medicine
All our courses are completed as eLearning programs with video conference support and monthly group sessions.
Watch the Introductory Video
We offer eLearning solutions to:
High School Students
The Registration Process:
Once the course is identified and registered for, you will receive login details to sign on as a student on our eLearning platform. Once logged in, ALL relevant modules are available immediately for you to start learning and at your own pace. You can choose to do the entire program or start with Module Each modules includes a variety of videos with extra knowledge from the facilitators so you feel like you were on an onsite face to face course.
The time frame of 200 hours is given for completion of each module however you decide the pace of your learning. Hence we offer a stress free and relaxed environment ensuring the knowledge and practices are fully understood.
Our facilitators and assessors are support structures for questions and guidance where required. Each module has theoretical and practical assignments that is added to your portfolio of evidence for your assessments. After all modules are completed you will then be awarded a Certificate of Completion. We have a quarterly or annual Graduation Gala Dinner or High Tea event for certification process depending on the number of graduates.
Reports are submitted to SACE accordingly to register your CPD Points and hours.
Start your learning today and Register Now.
Improve your skills | Empower yourself | Earn extra income | For the love of empowering children |
Author | Expert Key Note Speaker | Spiritual Science Mentor | MasterClass Coach
A meditative mind is a relaxed mind. A relaxed mind is receptive.
Maria Montessori Educationalist | Mindfulness Facilitator | OutComes Based Educator | Children's Mindfulness Author | Spiritual & Transformational Life Coach | Alternative Healer
Change starts from within! Transform your innerself and you become a true mentor for children.
- Is mindfulness a religion?
- No. Mindfulness is non denominational, non discriminating and non religious
- How will yoga and meditation affect my religious beliefs?
- It will strengthen your religious beliefs because mindfulness brings you to the present moment
- Is the scientific evidence supporting mindful practice?
- Yes. Please visit our website and have a look at the various links and supporting websites and research done on Meditation and Mindfulness practices
- Why should I practice mindfulness as a teacher?
- Children are evolving with this new age of technology and teachers needs to become more present to connect with their students. Mindfulness techniques will help teachers be more present and be able to identify individual students needs easier without effort.
- What is a coach versus a teacher?
- A teachers objective is to make the learner understand and grasp a certain piece of knowledge. A coach guides the learner through processes and questions so that he/she finds the answer from within them selves. A teachers focus is developing the mental abilities of the child and a coach focuses on developing the emotional and self awareness abilities of the learner. Both serve their purpose in the whole development of the learner.
- What is a facilitator?
- A facilitator guides the learner through a process of techniques to self understand and self realize the specific outcome required
- Why does a school need a mindful coach?
- Children are becoming more stressed with academic pressures, family pressures, peer pressures. There is a demand for mindful practices in schools that the learner can apply at any given time when required to help them understand and manage their anxieties, stress and emotional trauma. Mindful techniques are different as it brings awareness to the student on what the situation is, why is it affecting them so and how can they change from a negative destructive behavior to a positive uplifting state of being. Schools need a Mindful Coach or every teacher to have the skills and tools as a mindful Coach to be able to help guide the student in the present moment not days or weeks after the occurrence.
- What are the benefits of having a mindful coach in a school?
- Higher grades
- Focused learners
- Reduced Stress and Anxiety
- Reduced Bullying and Detention
- Increased Awareness of learners
- Happier students
- Can a school generate additional income from these programs?
- Yes. Read more about each program. After completion of our program the school can offer aftercare programs, holiday programs, coaching programs and don’t need to source external professionals at high costs to service your need. The school offers then added value to the parents.
- How will mindful practice affect my learners in the classroom
- Mindfulness practice will create a unity amongst the learners, help them focus in a relaxed state of awareness for learning, reduce stress for both the students and the teacher
- Can I do one module only of my choice instead of all 6 modules
- Yes you can. There is a huge price benefit though if you opt for the 6 module program. The modules are also integrated to give you the full learnings of applying mindfulness techniques to your classroom
- Does School of Samaya offer payment plan options
- Yes, please email us to enquire further. We offer 3 to 6 months easy payment plan
- Will I be able to earn extra income from completing this course
- Yes absolutely. We understand the financial constraints that a teacher has and hence this course enables you to run aftercare, holiday or weekend workshops. In addition you can offer one on one coaching programs to parents
Our Pay it Forward program is part of the give back cause that makes School of Samaya a non profit company.
When you sign up for a program with us, 10% of the nett proceeds of that program goes towards introducing mindfulness programs to your Corporate Social Initiative.
Eg. if you work with another school or library or children’s home etc, we will partner with you to offer a mindfulness workshop or program to that initiative.
If you don’t have a cause we have plenty organizations we work with and will pay it forward in your schools name.
The program offering depends on the 10% budget from the proceeds of the program. So this could be full workshops, training courses or it could be mindfulness book donations or talks. School of Samaya has a range of Mindfulness publications for adults and children.